(This page includes tips from reporters, citizens journalists, and others identifying South Carolina bills (introduced or passed) that resemble ALEC model legislation. CMD encourages the use of this forum and encourages further detailed research to verify all claims.)
- Bill 177 (Introduced January 1, 2011) "Council on Efficient Government Act" (Sponsor: Senator Rose), Entire Bill text mirrors ALEC's act of the same name.
- S 0001/H 3003/Act 27 (signed 5/18/11) "South Carolina Election Reform Act." Compare to ALEC's "Voter ID Act."
- South Carolina Legislature, H 3003, state legislation, signed May 18, 2011
- American Legislative Exchange Council, Voter ID Act, model legislation exposed by the Center for Media and Democracy, July 13, 2011
- Will Moredock, Calling out Republicans on voter ID, Columbia City Paper, August 28, 2011