(This page includes tips from reporters, citizens journalists, and others identifying Alabama bills (introduced or passed) that resemble ALEC model legislation. CMD encourages the use of this forum and encourages further detailed research to verify all claims.)
- HB 56 (2011) "Beason-Hammon Alabama Taxpayer and Citizen Protection Act" (Sponsor: Rep. Micky Hammon) is similar to ALEC's "No Sanctuary Cities for Illegal Immigrants Act" as well as Arizona's SB 1070, but harsher
- HB 19 (signed on 6/9/2011) "This bill would require a government issued photo identification for persons wishing to vote." Compare with ALEC's "Voter ID Act"
- Alabama State Legislature, HB 56, state legislation, passed June 2, 2011
- American Legislative Exchange Council, No Sanctuary Cities for Illegal Immigrants Act, model legislation exposed by the Center for Media and Democracy, July 13, 2011
- Julia Preston, In Alabama, a Harsh Bill for Residents Here Illegally, New York Times, June 3, 2011
- Alabama State Legislature, HB19, state legislation, passed June 9, 2011.
- American Legislative Exchange Councill, http://alecexposed.org/w/images/d/d9/7G16-VOTER_ID_ACT_Exposed.pdf Voter ID Act], model legislation exposed by the Center for Media and Democracy, July 13, 2011
- Rolling Stone, The GOP War on Voting, magazine website, accessed September 22,2011.